Welcome to St Peter’s Church in St George’s, Bermuda
The oldest Anglican Church outside the British Isles
and the oldest Protestant church in continuous use in the New World
Established when Bermuda was settled by the Virginia Company in 1612, for over 400 years this has been the church of the Town of St George. It is a cultural and historic icon, a holy place at the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For our 400th anniversary in 2012, Her Majesty the Queen, as a gift in her Diamond Jubilee year, granted St Peter’s Church the Royal designation “Their Majesties Chappell”, a designation first used for this church in the 1690s during the reign of King William III and Queen Mary II.
We strive to meet the growing opportunities for Christian witness and service in our community and as we welcome over 60,000 visitors annually, many of whom take a moment for a quiet prayer in this sacred place.
We are open to visitors Monday to Saturday from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm and we look forward to welcoming you to St Peter’s in person.
The Rev’d Canon W David Raths
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A NEW PRIEST-IN-CHARGE
Canon Raths has announced his intention to retire next
year and the search for a new Priest-in-Charge has begun.
For the job description and further details,
please contact the Archdeacon of Bermuda:
The Ven Andrew W. Doughty
P.O. Box WK 530
Warwick WK BX, BERMUDA
Please click here for the Parish Profile.